Saturday, July 18, 2009

Questions - An Introduction

Anne Grace Ruth and her Grandmother on a visit last Sunday

We have four weeks to go and last Sunday night at Prayer we introduced the countdown to help the Hostel girls understand the reality of our leaving. We plan to use Sunday nights as a focal point to help with the parting.

At the end of prayer I was approached by Anne Grace Ruth. In true Australian fashion I call her agr as her name is far too long to use in conversation. agr is the top Year 12 student in the Hostel and one of the top girls in the school. She is a delightful girl, very diligent and organised, and has offered great insight to us about the workings of the Hostel. She is also a good sounding board for us in our struggle with Indian culture and habits.

agr's request was a simple one. At the end of prayer every night she wants to ask me a question. She assured me that she could come up with 28 questions that would help her. I was not as sure I could come up with 28 answers that would help but agreed to her request.

I hope to publish her questions and my attempted answers. I have also told her that I will get IW to help me answer as there is much more wisdom when we both answer.

Stay tuned for Question 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment