Thursday, July 23, 2009

Question 5

agr's question: "What is the most successful moment in your life?"

This question begs another - "What is success?"

After our discussion on that question my response was along the line that what I consider successful will look completely different from other people's perspectives.

On pondering further I would consider my major success was learning to love those around me a bit better. To move the focus from me to others. This is very much two steps forward, one step back. This is also the title of a blog that I follow written by a friend of mine. It is well worth reading.

Success is not something that I strive for but a label that others might bestow sometimes on some of my actions that makes me feel good about myself. I do not do things to be successful, I do things because I believe that is what I should do.

Living is not an exact science but an ongoing experience that at times I do better at than other times. What has been the most successful moment in my life? I pray that lots of people will tell me lots of different things because success is generally noticed by those watching the game rather than those participating in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment