Friday, March 6, 2009

Worship

We attended Church at CSI St George’s Cathedral on Sunday. It is an English language church but I still struggle to pick up the words. There are about 1,000 people at church and I would best describe the service as High Anglican. A large part of the service was sung by the minister.

There is a guest preacher from America. She is a minister form the American Church of Christ here on Sabbatical and is staying in Cathedral House with us. It was a very traditional service but I felt quite at home in spite of not being able to find the correct place in the order. A lady next to me took great delight in showing me what page I should be on.

Communion was celebrated with three serving points and in a most efficient manner.

THOUGHT!

Perhaps they could put the Communion Stewards in charge of traffic control at the Airport.

1 comment:

  1. Just had a bit of a cry. I loved the School for the Deaf, played ball games with them when I visited and the kids were just lovely. And when we visited the Old People's home they had prepared a western-style meal for us which was so great.

    And, in case you didn't realise it, Kalyani Hospital was my Hospital! The interrupting and no privacy for the patients thing was not just for you... Don't get too heartbroken - take strength from the amazing faith and joy of the people you meet.

    ReplyDelete