Thursday, March 5, 2009

Computer Problems

I had great success with the Broadband Wireless Access card that was purchased for me – FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS.

Since then whenever I try to connect I get a memory error and can’t get access and the modem drivers become corrupted.

I have unloaded and reloaded software countless times but it is no good so will have to return to where the card was purchased for me to see if they can help.

……..

I have just met my first group of unhelpful Indians (I was not with Custer at the Little Big Horn). They were salespeople of the supreme order, polite, inquisitive etc but at the end of the conversation it was my problem and there would be no help, refund or slight sign of compassion.

………

Brisbane Catholic Education has a pretty good Help Desk so a couple of text messages and a phone call later I had some instructions that might help. Alas this was not to be so at the moment I am relying on an Internet café and hopefully a disk from Australia that will solve my computer problems.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gary & Lynn

    Wow! No more will I complain about Brisbane traffic OR my occasional (biased as I am) computer issues with my Mac. I reckon you give Bill Bryson a run for his money, Gary - only half-joking!

    I'm preaching on Mark 8:31-38 - continues to be such a confronting passage. It causes me to ask so many questions.

    No doubt you've heard the news of the terrorist attacks a few days back on the Sri Lankan cricket team, umpires etc. That's confronting.

    We're all well - Joel having moved out a month ago and Nathan in the next week. Jeremy's just finished first week of his Creative Arts degree course at UQ, and Dale wrestling with the demands of her Masters degree studies at ACU. Never a dull moment for me at Indro - but overall, life is good; next week or so will be interesting to say the least.

    Turned 54 last Friday.

    I pray you'll continually know the grace, provision, protection, wisdom and joy of God as you serve him - in that wonderfully diverse and chaotic place God's led you to. Take care

    Lots of love

    David (& Dale)
    MacGregor

    my blog: http://dmacgreg1.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete