Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Singapore

Well Qantas let us on with two grossly overweight bags and we are here in Singapore for a few days of rest before flying to India.

As is usual with the Wallis family flying, it was not a 100% smooth effort although it did effect everyone and not just us.

40 minutes late departing because a fridge in one of the galleys was not working.

In the air and only 7 hrs 40 mins to go and plenty of movies to watch - WRONG!!!

Again the Qantas attention to detail came to the fore. Movies kept jumping and missing bits then freezing. The head steward was very inventive in his comments as he informed us it would be a 30 min delay while he rebooted the system. After the third time in five hours when a few of the less patient travellers must have given him a mouthful about it, he proudly announced to all, "What do you expect me to do, my mother was a pastry cook and my father a real estate salesmen" I believe he thought his attempt at comedy would quieten the crowds but he was very wrong. System turned off to avoid further passenger dissapointment.

We had booked a hotel by the name of Hotel Re via the web before we left. Arrived to discover that it was short for Retro and the whole place was decorated in 60's style. One of Lynn's favourite colours is lime green so imagine her delight whan we reached our room and it is lime green and hot pink. She was delighted.

We have spent the day walking and looking. Both exhausted - good resting before India. Two days to go. Some retro photos for you to enjoy.











4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the hotel. I may have to visit Singapore just so I can stay at this hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if ever I am in singapore I'll do all in my power to avoid that room! glad you're enjoying it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, Mrs Gnu thinks you are boring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Hope you're enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete